Episode IX Rey Patterns

 I believe this is the first time I've finished a Star Wars costume while the movie was still in theaters! (I still want to fine-tune a few things for wearability and add more accessories!) I'm so excited to share my Episode IX Rey patterns. There is a HUGE community on Facebook working together to help others build Rey's costumes! Most of my builds (especially Leia costumes) benefit from the research and expertise of many others, but I don't think I've ever drawn on the collective costuming power of so many before!

I have the reforged saber from Galaxy’s Edge. I was very fortunate to have a friend who picked it up and shipped it home!

The yellow saber is the one modded from Natalie’s file to fit over a Savi’s lightsaber base. Fortunately, I'd picked up a yellow kyber crystal so I could match my yellow Jedi Librarian when I was at Disneyland!

I use Kristen J’s file for the belt buckle and her patterns for the holster, belt, and arm cuff.
I modified Daisy V’s hood pattern and used Jessica A’s wrist cuff pattern. You can find all those files in the Facebook group!

JenEyre's Episode IX Rey pants pattern I used Freya H's knee pad pattern.
JenEyre's Episode IX Rey Shirt (Front, Back, Shoulder, and collar) pattern I used Daisy V's hood pattern.

The patterns were made to fit a 37" bust, 30 or 31" waist, and 38" hip, at 5'7" tall.

I ordered 10 yards of silk tulle from AliExpress, and had maybe 2 yards to spare. I'm glad to have the extra in case I snag any badly and need to replace a section!

I found a modal jersey at Mood in NYC for the shirt that perfectly matched the Silk Charmeuse I found at a tiny shop in the garment district. As the shirt has two layers, I suggest at least a yard and a half to be safe. I used the non-shiny side of the silk for the hood and collar. I interfaced one side of the hood (the outer piece) and both sides of the collar. I also added interfacing to both layers of the shoulder pieces and the bottom layer of the v-neck of the shirt. I used about a yard and a half of the silk.

I managed to fit the pants on one yard of this DELICIOUS Stretch Scuba backed suede, but I'd suggest a yard and a half, or more, depending on your size. I didn't add padding to the knees, as the fabric was rather thick. I backed the kneepads with white broadcloth, to reduce bulk in the seams.

If you want to make the helmet Rey wears when she's training with Leia, which is the same as the one Leia wears in the flashback scene, you can check out my post on the 3D printed parts for Jedi Flashback Leia. The helmet file is from https://do3dforum.com/product/3d-printable-model-reys-helmet-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-print-file-format-stl/ (not an affiliate link). However, if you would like to help support my work sharing patterns and tutorials, you can use my affiliate link  http://store.do3d.com/163527/11951  and use this code SAVE20 to save 20%!

Here are the finished pictures...

I'll hopefully get around to a write up on this costume, but until then you can follow along with the pictures in my build album


No comments:

Post a Comment