- If you need to be SUPER minimalistic at a convention, you can fit your room key, ID, a credit or debit card, and a bit of cash in one of these, and clip it behind your badge. That's what I usually do at DragonCon. Rocclo Name Card Badge Holder,Waterproof Pouch, Id Pouch ,Clear Plastic Vinyl, Transparent Vertical, 10-pack These can also work tucked in to the bottom inner thigh section of compression/shapewear. You won't be easily accessing it, and I'd suggest adding a safety pin to ensure it doesn't fall out, but sometimes that might be your only option!
- For a bit more space, I've started using these: KEYLION 10 Pack Large Horizontal Name Tag Badge ID Card Holder, Heavy Duty Clear Plastic Cover Sleeve Pouch with Waterproof Type Resealable Zip, Fits 3x4 Inches Name Badge Insert and Multiple Cards
- I started using Fushing 10Pcs Retractable Badge Holder Carabiner Reel Clip On ID Card Holders (Black) for my work keys and ID, and really prefer them to lanyards. I have having something heaving hanging around my neck! While I wouldn't use them for Celebration badges (since I heard about people in Chicago having them stolen and replacing a sold out badge is likely not going to be possible) I really like them when I can clip the little carabiner to a discrete part of my costume.
- I've started looping one of these wrist strap lanyards around the bottom of my phone case, and using it to have my phone accessible. And as I usually loop my badge around my belt, my current preferred badge attachment strategy includes one of these wrist strap lanyards 10-Pack Paracord Hand Wrist Strap Lanyard with Quick-Release Buckle . As I have my room key, ID, and credit card in one of the zip pouches linked above behind the badge (and as some badges, like the ones at Celebration are potentially at risk of walking off), I also use one of the metal loops from these luggage tags to reinforce the connection. Travelambo Luggage Tags & Bag Tags Stainless Steel Aluminum Various Colors (purple 10 pcs set) For certain costumes (I'm looking at you, Caprica 6...) , there is nowhere to clip a badge and no where to stash hidden items, so I'll have my badge and phone on these lanyards and have that around my wrist.
- Travel Gear Undercover Leg Wallet By Marshal I use this on my calf or above my knee when I'm wearing a long gown. I do sometimes reinforce the velcro with a giant safety pin. It'll fit my phone, although the phone isn't easily accessible.
- Sprigs Banjees 2 Pocket Wrist Wallet - Black/Black, One Size Fits Most These work will if you have long loose sleeves.
- Running Buddy Magnetic Buddy Pouch: Magnet Pocket Pouches for Cell Phones, iPhone & Other Gear - Beltless Running Pouch Waist Bag for Running, Traveling, Hiking & Cycling (Black, XL (6 3/4" x 4")) I use this primarily for running, but it will work with many costumes when clipped at the small of your back.
- I've clipped this one to the top of a pair of high boots - Running Buddy - "Buddy Pouch Black Mini - Small and Convenient, Belt-Free and Lightweight Personal Magnetic Storage Pouch (3.5" L x 4" H)
- VUP Running Armband for iPhone 11 Pro/11/XS/XR/X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/6 Plus/6, Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus/ S7 Edge, Note 8 5, Google Pixel, 180° Rotatable with Key Holder Phone Armband for Hiking Biking Walking I've used this both under a long flowy sleeve, and on my leg, just below my knee. Not very accessible on the leg but better than nothing!
What are your favorite strategies?